Donate Please

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Treatment for post pregnancy skin discoloration

-->
Just before my delivery I noticed linear darkening of my skin below the belly button. Now that I have delivered, this skin discoloration is still present. Is there anything I can do about it?

You have what is called linea nigra. This is due to excess pigmentation of skin caused by a certain hormone released by the placenta. My best advice is to keep away from all doctors as this condition will improve on its own- it needs no treatment. You do not need to apply any oils, cream or ointment. Just be patient and within a few weeks it will disappear. There are many doctors who recommend bullshit plastic surgery procedures for this condition- they are simply known as scammers and you should avoid them. The same applies if you have melasma or cholasma-they require no treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment