Donate Please

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Bed wetting and DDAVP


I am a 28-year-old female and often wet my bed at night. Is there anything I can take to correct this problem? Is DDAVP effective?

I think what you have is nocturnal enuresis. It is not a rare problem by any means but because people do not brag about it, the exact incidence is not known. In any case, you have several options when it comes to medications. You may want to ask your doctor for DDAVP, which is available as an inhaler. In some people, it does reduce nighttime urine production. However, it does not work in everyone and it is also an expensive medication. I would say try it for a week and see what happens, if it fails to work in 7-14 days, it is unlikely to work at all. DDAVP seems to work much better in children compared to adults. You should know that as soon as the medication is stopped, the enuresis will return. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment