Donate Please

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Renova for Acne


Recently my doctor gave me a prescription of Refissa (Renova) for my acne. Is this a good medication?

If you look at all my posts, I provide honest opinions without any bias. I do not work for any drug company, i do not own any shares in any pharmaceutical products and i never associate myself with pharmaceutical reps. I provide information for patients which is useful, practical and honest.
Renova is a great medication for mild to moderate acne. Refissa (Tretinoin emollient) also known as Renova is used for the treatment of severe acne. The drug is also known as accutane, claravis and amnesteem. Refissa is usually prescribed when other treatments have failed.
Refissa belongs to a class of drugs known as retinoids. The drug works by decreasing skin oil production and increasing the peeling action. This leads to thinning action of skin and resolving of acne. If acne is untreated, it can lead to scar formation. The drug is also used to erase fine line and wrinkles.
Trust me, you will not be disappointed. However, it is relatively expensive. Most general practitioners do not prescribe this drug because they are clueless about skin disorders. You need to speak to a skin doctor, but it is worth the money.

1 comment:

  1. One of the best options for acne scar treatment is to use scar creams, especially scar cream's made of panax ginseng helps to cure scar more faster.

    ReplyDelete