Donate Please

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Oral herpes and birth control pill


I have had oral herpes for many years but recently my outbreaks have increased in frequency. I was recently started on the birth control pill. Can that have anything to do with it?

Maybe. Herpes lesions are a real pain in the A..e. The pain is excruciating and nothing seems to work. In your case, if nothing in your life has changed and now the outbreaks of herpes are increased- I would think that the pill might have something to do with it. It is well known that changes in the sex hormones-estrogen and progesterone can affect herpes reactivation.

Best advice- if you do not need the pill, stop it, and use another form of contraception. If you really need the pill, then you are stuck. I think you may need to go through several types of pills to determine which does not trigger the herpes virus. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment